Tips for turning any dish into vegetarian
It’s surprising to me how many people choose to eat vegetarian/ vegan these days. Almost everytime I upload a video, someone would comment and ask for the vegetarian version of the dish. I will try to make more vegan video recipes but still, I can’t cover everything. So I hope the below rules help you to create your own vegan dishes.
You can turn any of my recipes into vegetarian with these basic rules:
– Replace fish sauce with soy sauce
– Replace meat with mock meat / tofu / mushroom
– Replace minced pork with crumbled tofu
– Replace pork/beef broth with vegetable broth
– If you are Buddhist vegetarian, replace onion/ spring onion with leek. Many Buddhists don’t eat onion and garlic as these pulps tend to excite senses.
There are many vegan products at Asian stores that imitate non-vegan ingredients (like chicken, fish, shrimps, meatballs, or even pork belly!). So just use them to subtitute.
In case you have not watched my vegan playlist https://www.youtube.com/
Post By Helen Le (279 Posts)
Since 2011 Helen has shared her Vietnamese home cooking video recipes on Youtube, helping viewers cook Vietnamese Food in the easiest, fastest and most authentic way possible. Subscribe to receive her newest videos for FREE: http://goo.gl/upfRRU
Website: → Danang Cuisine